Access Statement for The Lenbrook (2012)
We are a nine bedroom guest house aiming to cater for small groups(under 10 persons)/families, couples and singles who will respect all the other guests of whatever sex, age or orientation.
We have no guest bedrooms on the ground floor, 6 are on the first floor and 3 on the second floor involving a second steep flight of stairs.
• We are 5 minutes walk from Blackpool North railway station and Talbot Road bus station. The town centre shops start just past the Bus station.
• The pubs and clubs start at the end of the road with the Flying Handbag or more traditional pubs , The Duke of York, in the next street.
• The sea is visible down Cocker Street, We are 4 streets back from the sea front and so reasonably protected from sea breezes.
• The website www.thelenbrook.com provides pictures of some of our rooms and further information.
• You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the contact information section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
• Check in is normally available from 2pm, earlier times may be available by prior arrangement.
• We have space for 4 cars on the forecourt adjacent to the front door denoted by numbers 1,2,3,4 painted on the ground.
• We are able to assist guests with luggage if this is required, especially to the top floor.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The entrance has two steps up to the front door. At least one of the two front doors is kept shut for security and requires a key for entry. Both doors are shut at night, but there are bell pushes situated by each one.
• On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration form, pay any outstanding amounts, have facilities explained and are then shown to their rooms. We do this at the bar. At other times I can be found via the dining room. A bell is provided labelled 'Reception'.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The Bar Lounge, Dining Room and Dry Lounge lead off the ground floor corridor, a flight of 12 steps leads up to a half landing. Three further steps lead up to the back 3 bedrooms (1 double & 2 single) and first floor shared shower room/toilet. A different set of 3 steps leads towards the first floor front and a further three bedrooms( 1 double, 1 triple/twin en-suite & 1 double en-suite). A steep set of 14 steps leads up to the second floor and the final three bedrooms (1 family, 1 double en-suite, 1 triple/twin/double en-suite) and the second floor shower room/toilet.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• On the ground floor are the two lounges and the Dining Room. The Bar Lounge has a tv with freeview and DVD player. Seating is a mixture of bar stools, upright sofas and easy chairs.
• The Dry Lounge has a tv with freeview, sofa and upright seating and views of the street at the front of the Guest House
• There is one separate shared WC on the first floor. There is also a shared shower/toilet room on the first floor and a larger one on the second floor. Four of the nine rooms are now en-suite.
Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
• Breakfast is served in our dining room. We have 3 tables, each seating up to 4 people and 4 tables each seating 2 people. I do not at present have any high chairs. Local Radio is played while breakfast is served. Vegetarian options are available.
• An iron & ironing board are available on request in the dining room. Other laundry facilities are available in the town centre or on Egerton Road, 5 minutes walk away.
• Nearest shop is Sam's Corner Shop, 1 minute walk down Cocker Street to the next corner.
• There are 3 cafes at the same crossroads and a further two within a hundred yards. Some open ~ 6:30am.
• There is also a local Post Office in the same area.
• There is a Water Park, Swimming baths and Gymnasia in Blackpool, details are on leaflets in the Bar Lounge and on the hall walls
• We have a Zoo, Stanley Park, the sea front Pleasure Beach and various temporary attractions on the new headlands. Details on leaflets in the Bar Lounge and on the main hall walls.
Clubs & Entertainment
• The two main clubs are the Club Sanuk and Flamingos. Details are available on line. There are links on our website www.thelenbrook.com
• There is a wide variety of pubs and smaller night clubs.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• There is central heating throughout. The temperature of each bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on the radiators.
• The beds are made with duvets, winter weight in cold weather, summer weight in warmer weather.
• Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with tea & coffee.
• The four new en-suites and one standard double have new HD freeview combi-TV's.
• Each room has storage space, typically consisting of wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet.
• All rooms are now non smoking & all double beds are 4ft 6in.
• I do not provide cots for young children. The bunk beds have safety rails for the top bunk.
Grounds and Gardens
• There is a small concrete area to the front of the house with wooden bench for seating. Troughs and pots are along the front of the property to enhance the appearance.
• No Smoking is allowed in any part of the Guest House.
• There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and also on the 1st and 2nd floor landings.
• Should it be necessary, evacuation is via the main staircase and the front door.
• The shower rooms and bedroom sensors/sounders contain strobe lights to warn hearing impaired that the alarm is being sounded. Please let us know on arrival if you would need assistance in this kind of emergency.
• Further information about The Lenbrook routines and emergencies is displayed on the inside of each bedroom door.
• A selection of local information is available in our displays in the entrance hall and on the display stand in the Bar Lounge.
Address: The Lenbrook, 69, Lord Street, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 2BJ
Telephone: 01253 626737
Hours of operation: Reception is open from 8:30am until 10:30pm (10:30pm - 8:30am we are available for emergencies only)
Emergency number: There is a walk in centre on Whitegate Drive. Tel. 01253 953953
Whitegate Health Centre
The Walk-in Centre is open all year from 8am – 8pm
• We are considering in the spring/autumn some or all of the following:
• New carpet in Room 6 & installing a TV
• Completely refurbishing the dining room
• Refurbishing hallways and stairwell
• If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01253626737 or email email@example.com
Created: 7th February 2011