Access Statement for The Lenbrook (2018/2019)
We are a Gay Friendly eight bedroom guest house aiming to cater for families, couples and singles who will respect all the other guests regardless of their sex, age or orientation.
We have no guest bedrooms on the ground floor, 6 are on the first floor and on the second floor we have a family room ( double bed & bunkbeds, with own bathroom across the landing), a small double room (en-suite), and a triple room (ensuite). Please note the rooms on this floor are acessed via a steep set of stairs
- We are 5 minutes walk from Blackpool North railway station. The main bus station is now down on the seafront near Coral Island. The town centre shops start just past the end of our road.
- The pubs and clubs start at the end of the road with the Flying Handbag or more traditional pubs , The Duke of York, in the next street.
- The sea is visible down Cocker Street, We are 4 streets back from the sea front and so reasonably protected from the sea spray.
- The website www.thelenbrook.com provides pictures of some of our rooms and further information.
- You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the contact information section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- Check in is available from 2pm till 9pm, earlier or later times may be available by prior arrangement by telephoning us the day before.
- We have space for 4 cars on the forecourt adjacent to the front door and are available on a first come first servered basis.
- We are able to assist guests with luggage if this is required, especially to the top floor.
Main Entrance, Reception is located in the Bar
- The entrance has two steps up to the front door. At least one of the two front doors is kept shut for security and requires a key for entry. Both doors are shut at night, but there are bell pushes situated by each one.
- On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration form, pay any outstanding amounts, have facilities explained and are then shown to their rooms. We do this at the bar.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
The Bar Lounge, Dining Room lead off the ground floor corridor, a flight of 12 steps leads up to a half landing. Three further steps lead up to the back 2 bedrooms (1 double & 1 single) and first floor shared shower room/toilet. A different set of 3 steps leads towards the first floor front and a further three bedrooms( 1 double, 1 triple/twin en-suite & 1 double en-suite).
A steep set of 14 steps leads up to the second floor and the final three bedrooms (1 family, 1 double en-suite, 1 triple/twin/double en-suite) and the second floor shower room/toilet.
Public Areas - Bar/Dining room
- We have a caribbean themed Bar, the Dining room is at the front of the building
- We do not provide Music or Entertainment within our Guest House
- There is one separate shared WC on the first floor. There is also a shared shower/toilet room on the first floor and a larger one on the second floor. Four of the nine rooms are now en-suite.
Dining Room, Bar area
Breakfast is served in our dining room, a vegetarian option is available, please advise at check in.
An iron & ironing board are available on request in the dining room. Other laundry facilities are available in the town centre or on Egerton Road, 5 minutes walk away.
- Nearest shop is Abi's Corner Shop, 1 minute walk down Cocker Street to the next corner.
- We highly recommend: Queens Cafe in the High Street, its a 2 min walk from us, Great home cooked food at great prices, the homemade cakes are to die for!
- There is also a local Post Office in the same area.
- There is a Water Park, Swimming baths and Gymnasia in Blackpool, details are on leaflets in the Bar.
Stanley Park, Blackpool Zoo are close by, the Pleasure Beach and various temporary attractions on the new headlands. Details on leaflets in the Bar.
Clubs & Entertainment
- There is a wide variety of pubs and smaller night clubs in the area
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There is central heating throughout. The temperature of each bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on the radiators.
- The beds are made with duvets,
- Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with tea & coffee.
- The four en-suites, standard doubles, standard family room and large single,
- Each room has storage space, typically consisting of wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet. The standard family room and small double en-suite have open hanging.
- All rooms are non smoking or vaping & all double beds are 4ft 6in.
- Cots are not provided for small children, the bunk beds have safety rails for the top bunk and are for children under the age of 12 only.
Grounds and Gardens
- There is a small concrete area to the front of the house with wooden bench for seating. Troughs and pots are along the front of the property to enhance the appearance.
- No Smoking or Vaping is allowed in any part of the Guest House.
- Please note there will be £100 charge for the deep cleaning of any rooms that have been smoked or vaped and you will be asked to leave immediately with no refund.
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and also on the 1st and 2nd floor landings.
- Should it be necessary, evacuation is via the main staircase and the front door.
- The shower rooms and bedroom sensors/sounders contain strobe lights to warn hearing impaired that the alarm is being sounded. Please let us know on arrival if you would need assistance in this kind of emergency.
- Further information about The Lenbrook routines and emergencies is displayed on the inside of each bedroom door.
- A selection of local information is available in our displays in the entrance hall and on the display stand in the Bar Lounge.
Address: The Lenbrook, 69, Lord Street, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 2BJ
Telephone: 01253 626737
Emergency number: There is a walk in centre on Whitegate Drive. Tel. 01253 953953
Whitegate Health Centre
The Walk-in Centre is open all year from 8am – 8pm
Created: 9th October 2018